Preparatory Seminar for the School Internship Semester Teaching Supply Engineering
- Professor Martin Frenz
- Send Email
The contents of the seminar are as follows …
- Methods for exploring occupational fields of action, business processes and typical tasks in the vocational field of supply engineering
- Development of research questions for exploratory projects, e.g. company-based, in order to understand the occupational fields of action in the vocational field of supply engineering
- Regulations of vocational education and training in the vocational field of supply engineering
- Analysis of the initial situation for a teaching project at the internship school, particularly from the perspective of the students and teachers in the supply engineering courses.
- Conception and planning of a teaching project for supply engineering
- Specification of learning areas as learning situations
- Planning of learning processes in supply engineering
- Selection of vocational learning methodologies for the teaching project
The seminar prepares pre-service teachers for the practical requirements of teaching vocational supply engineering, both academically and practically, in selected fields of action, by focusing on the following competences:
The pre-service teachers...
- describe occupational fields of action, business processes and typical vocational tasks for the vocational field of supply engineering and place them in the context of subjects and learning situations
- develop, implement and reflect on learning situations for the vocational field of supply engineering
- are able to apply concepts and theories of general didactics, general didactics of technology and didactics of the vocational field to supply engineering in a situation-oriented manner in the teaching project
- are are able to relate current discussions on objectives and content in vocational education to educational programs in the occupational field of supply engineering at vocational schools
- are able to select strategies for lesson planning in school courses in educational programs in supply engineering and substantiate them for a lesson project
- are able to select teaching methodology well-founded for differentiated instruction in supply engineering
Teaching and Learning Method
The aim of the seminar is to perceive the current challenges of teachers at a vocational school and to analyze these challenges against a theoretical background to be able to work out possible solutions for their future work as teachers.
Pre-service teachers have access to digital learning materials on theory and on challenges to be dealt with at vocational schools. Face-to-face sessions foster a critical discourse in the group about the theoretical approaches and deal with practical challenges to support knowledge and skill acquisition.