Accompanying Seminar for the School Internship Semester Teaching Production Engineering
- Professor Martin Frenz
- Send Email
During the accompanying seminar, selected contents are treated in more detail on the basis of concrete learning occasions of the internship semester:
- Preparing and monitoring theory-based deliberation of teaching observations concerning training courses in the vocational specializations of production engineering
- Preparing and evaluating deliberation based on theory of the further development of curriculum and teaching at the internship school for the vocational specialization of production engineering
- Determining objectives and content issues for the class project in cooperation with the internship school
- Preparing a survey and analyzing the curricular tasks of teachers of the internship school and transfer of these tasks to your own teaching project
- Transferring strategies to the class project for lesson planning of the vocational specialization of production engineering
- Teaching classes while supervised in a training course in the vocational specialization of production engineering
- Preparing and conducting a theory-based reflection of lesson planning and implementation
In the accompanying seminar, learning occasions from practical school experiences are processed into study tasks and study projects to be worked on scientifically. When the research-oriented study tasks and study projects are processed, the aim is to promote the following competences:
- use theory to reflect on teaching observations
- use theory to reflect on the further development of curriculum and teaching at the internship school (e.g. the didactic annual planning in individual courses)
- relate current discussions on objectives and content in the field of production engineering to their own teaching project
- recognize curricular tasks of teachers and understand how to transfer these tasks to their own teaching project
- apply strategies to plan lessons for vocational fields of production engineering in the context of their own lesson project.
- decide on, apply and reflect on methodological decisions
- reflect their own lesson planning and implementation
Teaching and learning methods
The aim of the seminar is to perceive the current challenges of teachers at a vocational school and to analyze these challenges against a theoretical background to be able to work out possible solutions for their future work as teachers. Pre-service teachers have access to digital learning materials on theory and on challenges to be dealt with at vocational schools. Face-to-face sessions foster a critical discourse in the group about the theoretical approaches and deal with practical challenges to support knowledge and skill acquisition.
The examination consists of a presentation based on a written paper and is an integral part of the seminar. Pre-service teachers present their results on the opportunity to deal with a problem in depth and to engage in critical-constructive discourse with their fellow pre-service teachers.